- Public Works
The Public Works Department is committed to ensuring safe conditions for all modes of transportation. The City currently maintains 56.5 lane miles of road surface, several hundred traffic signs, 7 traffic signals, and 25 miles of pedestrian trails.
- Maintaining all city streets and their adjacent curbs, gutters, and sidewalks.
- General street repairs
- Street sweeping and debris removal
- Snow and ice removal
- Installation and maintenance of all city street signs
- Mowing of city's right-of-way through contract or city staff services
- Maintain channelization (traffic signals and pedestrian signals) through contract with Washington State Department of Transportation.
Adopt -A- Street/Trail Information
The City's Adopt-A-Street/Trail program will allow service organizations, non-profits, businesses and individuals to adopt a street or trail inside the city limits of DuPont for litter control. An application must be submitted to become a part of this program. In appreciation of your efforts, a street/trail sign with each adopting non-profit, organization, entity or individual name will be placed at the start and end of the adopted portion of the street/trail.